Wednesday 16 July 2014

Back from holidays!!

Hello everyone,

I am back!!! I was off for almost 3 weeks, I had a great time but to be to honest I missed poker a little a bit.

I went on holidays in Greece and Italy. The weather was really hot, almost too hot for my taste.
Before I go I had loaded my ipad with a ton of poker books and training videos.
As you remember I was doing a lot of studying before I go on holidays, so my first days in Athens i was still studying and reading my books.
However, it was impossible to carry on studying when I had so many thing to do, friends to catch up and places to go to. I am not going to take that as a failure to study just I need now to dust off my poker knowledge a little.

Back to the grind

I came back home on Tuesday afternoon, i had planned to do all the little jobs at home on Tuesday and start playing on Wednesday.  
I watched a few videos as a warm-up and booked my coaching session for next week ( I need to put some volume otherwise we ll have nothing to review). 
I put in plan the 1h sessions and started playing earlier on today. So far, I had 2 small sessions.I am down, just under a stack, but I feel good about it. 
I started with 2 tables to see how I can respond to that but very shortly after I found my-self very distracted from other things so I added 2 more tables and played really comfortably.
After reviewing my hands, the only play I made and I didn't like was when I stacked off a shorty when I had AAs. To many people this might sound standard but I think I could have saved me $5-7 on that pot. 


I bet $1.75 on the turn and he min raised me to $3.50.Obviously, this shouts "2 pairs" and I know I shouldn't have raised him. Even if I called his raise on the turn I could x/f the river. Oh well, at least he didn't have a full stack.

Another small pot I lost is this : 


I was the initial raiser, bet the flop, check the turn and bet /call river. Another hand where I beat nothing. 
I don't think he ever min raises the river as a bluff or he does that with a hand that I beat. 

Both hands are not that big of pots but I cannot do that type of mistakes all the time unless I want to go broke (which is not the case). 
This was meant to be my hour off the tables to have lunch but I ll probably have to take another hour off. 

I hope to manage to add another 2 sessions before I meet my friend later on tonight. 

Good luck at the tables :)


No comments:

Post a Comment