Tuesday 24 June 2014

Holidays break

Hi everyone,

I haven't been playing much since my last post and i don't think i ll play any more until my holidays.
I had a tiny session yesterday where i lost a stack and i felt like i didn't want to play more.

The hand i lost is nothing interesting, i had AAs otb, i 6bet shoved and sb snap calls me with KKs. For a second i was happy to see him having KKs but a K came on the flop. It's not big of a deal that i lost with AA vs KK just i felt that i need some time of the tables.

Plus my holidays are coming up in a few days and i got quite a few things to do before i go.

Soooooo we are not giving up because we caught up with variance. I ll be spending more time studying and watching training videos. I have found some interesting poker blogs too to read but not cash game blogs. (any suggestions always welcome).

Also, i want to find out what my optimal playing time is. As a live player i have had really long sessions, with breaks in between obviously. I haven't figured out yet how long i should be playing before i take a break. At the moment, i am finishing a session when i am feeling tired or when i feel that i play bad. But, until i realise that i have been playing bad or i made bad decisions, i have already lost a portion of my winnings and i don't think this approach is worth it.  

I ll start experimenting with 1h sessions and see how this will work. Plan is to take a small break after playing an hour, maybe do some hand review and will continue playing only if i feel i can play my best.
(this has to be added to my targets for the month)

That's it for now i think. I ll be posting more updates when i ll be back from holidays.

Good luck with your grinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment