Sunday 20 July 2014

Happy swingy weekend

Hello everyone,

the title describes exactly how my weekend was.

I had a losing session on Saturday but turned to be a nice opportunity.
On Saturday i woke up early and was in a pretty "grindy" mood. I was playing for less than 30 minutes when the following 3 hands happened almost at the same time:


  • AA vs QQ (he flopped quads)
  • 1010s vs QQ (same guy), I turned a set, he rivered a set
  • 77s vs 1010s we both flopped a set on a 10K7r flop

Lost 3 stacks in 4 minutes and I was... :(

I know all hands were sort of coolers but I was worried that this can affect my mood and I could lose way much more $$$. So I closed all my tables and start browsing random things. And the good things happened!!!

I found Celeste's blog which can be found here. She plays cash games too and I was really really happy not only to find a cash blog but also from a girl around my age! How nice is that?
To many of you this might not sound so interesting but being a girl it kinda makes it difficult to find other girls who play poker and are interested in the game.  I am not going to analyse more the pros and cons of being a girl in this men dominated community as this is really loooong story.

I also found a lot of interesting blogs from cash players and that means I have to do a lot of reading, but I am excited about it.  24h on a day seem not to be enough to do all the things I want to!

My Sunday was much better in terms of profit. Here's my graph from the day:


I do not have the time to play as much as I would like to due to my job, but I recently started playing more tables and I like the results.
I used to play 4tables and I was making a lot of loose moves, which I found them correct at the time.
I realised that I was overanalysing the stats from HEM. When I went to facebook and twitter while I was playing I said to myself that I HAVE to add more tables.

So now, I am playing 6 & 7 tables comfortably, and without feeling for a second under pressure or being too loose.

I can't explain it, but I am feeling so motivated to put some extra work and effort in my game.
All day i am in a super good mood ( you can tell too?) and looking forward to play more, study more and everything else that is necessary to become better.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to review my hands from the weekend (but will do soon) so I won't be posting any hands for the moment.

Best of luck at the tables :)





No comments:

Post a Comment