Saturday 19 July 2014

Morning sessions

Helloooo,

I have few interesting hands to post and new things to write about. I started doing some review and homework, but I couldn't concentrate 100%, probably not even 50%, so there was no point to continue studying. I am pushing myself a little a bit to stay awake as I have to finish this post but I also want to wake up early tomorrow.

I was a little fed up with my sleeping patterns but I have improved a lot during my holidays, so I want to carry on like that. It makes me feel better after all.

The target would be to wake up around 8:30-9:00 and have at least 2 hours sessions during the day (i am leaving some room to oversleep)

Today's session was only for an hour as i had some other things to do. The traffic during the daytime is a bit different to what I am used to. There were more solid players and the bad players were...not there. Alright, it wasn't that bad as it sounds, I only find harder to table select. The tables with the shorties were full and the empty seats were having big stacks on their left. No thanks, I 'd rather wait a little a bit.

The biggest pot I won  was with 76o (on a blind v blind spot). I 've turned a full house and on a relatively small pot the other guy leads out the river for almost 2.5x pot. Happy days :)



Biggest pot I lost was on a HU spot (I love playing HU btw). It is quite rare to play HU with an opponent for more than 10 hands on a 6max table. But for some reason nobody was joining our game and we had a nice HU session with that guy. He is a reg and made me feel more comfortable to play with him as I was certain he won't hit and run me.


I am not happy with my play even if it looks as a standard cooler. He wasn't play crazy or making too many out of order moves and that hand he played so straight forward that i think i should have folded the river. But on the other hand oh well....I am not sure if it is +ev spot to call there with 1010s.

I was searching for any poker blogs from cash players. I know blogging it it becoming a bit old school but seriously? Nothing? There must be some people who play cash games and write about it. All the decent blogs that I have found so far are from MTT/SNG players. However, I enjoy reading them too, just i skip the icm comments.

Time for me to have some rest now and be fresh for the weekend grind.
Good luck at the tables.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Maria! I can't even tell you how happy I am to find another girl who plays cash games, most women I know are into MTTs either live or online. Best of luck at the tables, I'll definitely will be following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celeste :) Thank you, i was really happy as well when i find out that we both play cash and also similar stakes! I suppose you dont like mtts too? Good luck to you too.

      Delete
  2. Hi Celeste.

    I'm also a cash game player and with a poker blog in the making.

    You might look at these blogs of cash players: http://tonnamunz.com/ http://nicoleoa.blogspot.pt/ http://supernova125.blogspot.pt/ http://pokercanchangeyourlife.blogspot.pt/ http://iluvthrill.blogspot.pt/ http://frosty012.blogspot.pt/ http://www.heyitsclay.net/

    Best regards,

    Mário

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mario, thanks for stopping by and for your blog suggestions. I had a look and there were so many interesting posts from all the bloggers, i have a lot of reading to do now :)
      Good luck with your blog and poker grinding, let me know when it is ready.
      And by the way, my name is Maria.

      Delete
  3. Ohh sorry for that xD Made a mistake with the last reply ;P

    Good luck with the grind Maria ;)

    ReplyDelete